The importance of our teeth in our health
As individuals, the aesthetic appearance and health of our teeth is important for us in society. Mostly, we are affected by this situation psychologically and even forget to smile.
The lack of our teeth that we have lost for some reasons significantly affects our proper speaking and our digestive system. The process of our digestive system starts from the mouth continues until the stomach and intestines. In this process, which starts in our mouth, our teeth play the most important role in grinding. When we cannot chew well in consuming our foods, we may be faced with difficulties such as various stomach ailments, indigestion and weight gain.
After our deciduous teeth have fallen and replaced by our permanent teeth during the process from our infancy to 6 years of age, we should take our precautions beforehand and protect our teeth constantly in order to avoid such inconveniences and distresses.
How should we protect our teeth?
- We should brush our teeth at least twice a day after meals by using fluoride toothpastes,
- We can rinse our mouth with fluoridated mouthwashes,
- We should clean the interfaces of our teeth with dental floss-like apparatus,
- We should avoid foods and beverages containing acid,
- Fissure sealants and fluoride treatments can be applied against caries,
- You should visit your dentist at least twice a year.
*Read more about Dental Treatment